Hotmail is a web-based email service offered by Microsoft. Millions of people use Hotmail to communicate with friends and family. In this article, we will give instructions on how to create a Hotmail account, login to your account, and recover your password. We will also discuss the two step verification process for added security. Let’s get started!
How to Create a Hotmail Account?
You will have to follow the same simple steps like Alice mail given below to successfully sign up to Hotmail.
- Go to the Hotmail website and click on Create an account.
- You will be asked to provide your name, email address, country, and date of birth.
- Choose a password. Be sure to choose a strong password that is difficult to guess.
- Once you have entered all of the required information, click on Create account.
- You will be taken to your new Hotmail inbox where you can begin sending and receiving emails.
How to Login to Hotmail Account?
The next step is to do Hotmail login to your newly created Hotmail account. Follow the steps below:
- Visit the official Hotmail.com website.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Once you have entered your credentials, click on Sign In.
Note: If you are having trouble logging in, make sure that you are using the correct email address and password. If you have forgotten your password, click on Forgot Password to recover your account.
Hotmail Password Recovery Guide
If you have forgotten your password, or if you are having trouble logging in, the next step is to recover your account.
- Go to the Hotmail website and click on Forgot Password.
- You will be asked to provide your email address and date of birth.
- Once you have entered this information, click on Next.
- You will then be asked to provide the answer to your security question.
- If you do not remember the answer to your security question, click on I don’t know and follow the instructions provided.
- If you are able to provide the answer to your security question, click on Submit.
- You will then be asked to enter a new password. Be sure to choose a strong password that is difficult to guess
- Once you have entered your new password, click on Submit.
Hotmail Two Step Verification
For added security, Hotmail offers two step verification. Two step verification is an extra layer of security that requires you to provide two pieces of information in order to login to your account. The first piece of information is your email address and the second piece of information is a code that is sent to your phone or other device.
To enable two step verification, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Hotmail website and click on Security.
- You will be asked to provide your email address and password.
- Under Two-Step verification, click on Setup Two-Step Verification.
- Toggle Two-Step Verification ON.
- Verify your mobile number and email address and type in the code you received through text or email.
- Once you have enabled two step verification, you will be required to provide a code every time you login to your account. The code will be sent to your phone or other device.
We hope this blog post has been helpful! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for using Hotmail!